Committee on Academic Personnel (CAP)
Make recommendations to the Chancellor regarding appointments, promotions, merit advancements, changes in series, appraisals, terminations, and appeals of personnel actions. Reviews academic personnel policy issues from the Division and/or Systemwide Academic Senate. In advance of meetings, CAP requires one to two hours of preparation for portfolio reviews.
Faculty within the Clinical X, In-Residence, and Ladder Rank series at the full Professor rank are eligible to be appointed as full voting members. Faculty within the Adjunct and Health Sciences Clinical series at the full Professor rank are eligible to be appointed as a non-voting guest.
Maximum of 9 Senate members (Clinical X, In-Residence, and Ladder Rank series), and a maximum of 2 non-Senate non-voting guests, meets 12:15-2:45 pm every Wednesday.
|September 8, 2021||Zoom||Wednesday||12:15 - 2:45 pm|
|September 15, 2021||Zoom||Wednesday||12:15 - 2:45 pm|
|September 22, 2021||Zoom||Wednesday||12:15 - 2:45 pm|
|September 29, 2021||Zoom||Wednesday||12:15 - 2:45 pm|
|October 6, 2021||Zoom||Wednesday||12:15 - 2:45 pm|
|Steven Hetts, MD, Chair, In Residence, Full, Radiology, (M) EMAIL||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2022|
|Margaret Wallhagen, RN, PhD, FAAN, Vice Chair, Ladder Rank, Full, Pn_operations, (N)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2022|
|Pedram Aleshi, MD, HS Clinical, Full, Anesthesia, (M)||09/01/2020 - 08/31/2023|
|Pamela England, PhD, Ladder Rank, Full, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, (P)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
|Hannah Glass, MD, Clinical X, Full, Neurology, (M)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
|Stefan Habelitz, PhD, Ladder Rank, Full, Preventive & Restor Dent Sci, (D)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
|Lorriana Leard, MD, Clinical X, Full, Medicine, (M)||09/01/2021 - 08/31/2024|
|Vaikom Mahadevan, MD, Clinical X, Full, Medicine, (M)||09/01/2020 - 08/31/2023|
|Andrew Posselt, MD, In Residence, Full, Surgery, (M)||09/01/2019 - 08/31/2022|
|Richard Souza, PhD, PT, In Residence, Full, Physical Therapy, (M)||09/01/2020 - 08/31/2023|
Documents of Interest
- Academic Personnel Member Resources.
- Flowchart for Stewardship Reviews.
- Guidelines for Preparing a CV for Academic Review in Advance.
- Important Points for New and Junior Faculty to Discuss with Chairs or Directors.
- Call For Academic Personnel Actions and Appraisals.
- University of California Faculty Handbook.
- Academic Personnel Manual (APM)- Link to the index at UCOP Web site.
- Advancement and Promotion at UCSF. A Faculty Handbook for Success.
- Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs.
- Information, procedures, and forms for all academic personnel actions may be found on the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs website.
- Flowchart for Academic Review.
- Process and Procedures for Stewardship Reviews (from the Annual Call for Personnel Actions).
- Updated Stewardship Review Procedures (Pending from VPAA/OAP).